Pet insurance is alot like human medical insurance, it helps to cover costs for emergencies. When an animal needs treatment and the owners cannot pay for it the situation is heartbreaking. Pet insurance helps to alleviate this. There are many different plans available, from emergency only coverage to plans that include vaccinations and preventative medicine.
Here’s how it works:
- Have your pet treated by a licensed veterinarian
- Pay in full for the treatments performed
- Submit a claim to the insurance company
- Get remimbursed quickly for the covered charges
There are many things to consider when choosing a pet health insurance plan. Here are some questions to ask about the policy:
- Is there an age restriction? Some companies will start coverage after 8 weeks & some may restrict senior pets.
- Is there a multi-pet discount?
- Are any specific breeds not covered
- Are hereditary conditions for your pet’s specific breed covered?
- What are the deductibles, co pays and any caps on coverage?
Be sure to review the plan closely and make sure it offers the coverage you want. Our office handles claims frequently and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.