Below is a list of our standard policies. If you have any questions please ask a team member.
- Dogs are required to be up to date on DA2PP & Rabies
- We highly recommend that dogs receive the Bordetella vaccine but do not mandate that they must have it to be groomed here.
- This is for the safety of all pets and the groomers. You do not need to have the vaccines done at our hospital we just ask that you bring a current vaccine record with you if your pet received them elsewhere.
Arriving at the Paw Spaw
- Please be conscientious of the groomer’s time and arrive at your scheduled appointment time. If you are more than 15 minutes late you may be asked to reschedule.
- Before coming into the building please let you pet relieve themselves so they can be more comfortable during their spaw time.
- All dogs must be leashed and under their owners control while in the lobby.
- If you are aware that your pet may have fleas please tell us prior to the appointment. This will allow us the best chance to ensure the fleas are not spread.
- Any pet that has fleas will be treated with Capstar at the owner’s expense. We take fleas seriously and this will make certain that they are not spread to another pet or within the salon.
- At check in the groomer will go over your pet from head to tail. They will review the groom with you and go over any extra charges that can be foreseen. There are times that conditions may arise during the groom that will cause extra charges. The groomer will make every effort to reach you at that time to inform you. If for any reason the groomer cannot reach you they will proceed with the groom.
- We pride ourselves on not keeping your pets here all day. Once your pet’s groom has been completed we will call you to come and pick them up. Please make every effort to pick up in a timely manner.
Missed appointments/No shows
- We set aside specific time for your pet when you schedule an appointment. If you need to cancel kindly give us 24 hours notice so we may fill your spot with another pet that may be waiting for an opening.
- After a total of 3 No show/No call missed appointments you will be required to prepay for any further grooms.
If your pet has a history of biting, we require notice of such. Letting us know your pet may bite will help prevent injuries to the groomer and your pet. Some pets have behavioral problems that we may or may not be able to work through. We will use a variety of techniques to safely work with your pet. Our groomers have extensive experience working with pets of all dispositions and it is always our goal to provide the most stress free experience possible. The Paw Spaw @ North Memorial reserves the right to refuse or stop any groom if we feel it is not safe for the pet or groomer.
If your pet has any medical conditions, The Paw Spaw @ North Memorial asks to be made aware of them. Some examples are: arthritis, seizures, skin problems. By letting us know of any medical condition, the groomer can use proper techniques and products for your pet’s special needs.